Detailed Job Description:
Please review our job description, fill out the form and upload your resume in an acceptable format (PDF. or Doc.)
New England Machinery, Inc. Bradenton, FL, USA
Position Title: Machine Shop Manager
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
New England Machinery seeks a Machine Shop Manager with at least 5 years of experience to join their dynamic and globally recognized organization. The ideal employee will have worked in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, will be able to multitask with ease, and will be a motivating leader for the team around them. Experience with CNC Programming (FeatureCam), Solid work files, and KOMO- CNC Router, Doosan mill and lath, Hurco mill Machining centers is preferred.
- Hire, train, develop, evaluate, all machining staff as necessary and drive employee ownership of company results.
- Train employees in the proper use of equipment, assign tasks, and oversee employees' work
- Manage weekly part fabrication schedule, reporting numbers and execute daily. Track efficiency of machines and employees and display metrics visually.
- Strong knowledge of CNC Programming, Set Up, and Operation.
- Provide “hands on” programming and operating support for CNC machines, as needed.
- Responsible for initiating clear directives for the machine shop, while driving continual improvement efforts, and overseeing & monitoring quality control.
- Responsible for keeping the work area, machines, and machine tooling inventory clean & organized and monitor proper preventive maintenance initiatives on the equipment.
- Initiate and maintain accurate production schedules to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for estimating all set up times, run times, and lead times for all the machine shop quotes.
- Interpret all drawing & blueprint specifications, dimensions and tolerances to determine most cost effective/efficient sequence of manufacturing operations and set up requirements.
- Ensure consistent continuity in supply chain by effectively establishing procedures/documentation that communicate action plans, production goals and continue improvement efforts.
- Communicate daily with production team, quality department, and management top priorities/concerns and resolve all machining quality issues timely.
- Ensure continuity throughout the machine shop with a sense of urgency based on priority and customer needs/requests.
- Oversee and monitor all safety initiatives in the machining area to ensure that the company is in compliance with safety regulations, standards and codes.
- Evaluate job profitability of all manufacturing job's processed through the machining area by reviewing/analyzing, in detail, actual hours verse estimated hours by set up and run times for each machining operation. Then implement continual improvement efforts as necessary.
- Develop systems and procedures that track and monitor productivity metrics and performance targets to ensure the machining department is optimizing returns for the company.
- Attend production meetings and provide status updates on machining orders.
- Must be willing to work overtime, as required and display a sense of urgency in responding to opportunities and issues.
- Perform other duties as required or as assigned by supervisor.
- Five or more years of experience in materials management; manufacturing or packaging industry experience is helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. At a minimum, Associate’s degree, or technical school or high school diploma.
- Previous work experience in a high volume, job shop, fast paced machine shop is essential.
- Experience with CNC Programming (FeatureCam), Solid work files, and KOMO- CNC Router, Doosan mill and lath, Hurco mill Machining centers is preferred.
- Experience in an ISO work environment is desirable.
- Ability to multitask and motivate employees is essential.
- Ability to read blueprints and mechanical drawings is a pre-requisite
- Experience with Epicor is helpful.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, fractions, etc.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, other managers, employees, customers, vendors, and others.
- Willingness to work additional hours as needed to maintain departmental flexibility in achieving Company goals and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent written and oral communication is required and the ability to execute company’s initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and lead machine shop employees.
- Hands on management style, able to interact with all other department heads in Engineering, Production, Sales, Purchasing and Parts Room.
- Must conduct self in a professional manner at all times, demonstrating respect and strong values.
- Operate a telephone, calculator, photocopy, and fax machine
- Operate a PC terminal
- Ability to use MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint software
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Flexible to work evenings, weekends or holidays as required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is typical of a metal manufacturing area.
Why Work Here?
“Recognized world-wide for providing high end, quality automation/packaging equipment for over 45 years.”
About New England Machinery, Inc.:
We are a 45+ year old engineering and manufacturing company of high speed, state of the art packaging machinery, offering over 30 different products to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, chemical and automotive industries. Our customers include fortune 500 and 100 companies worldwide.